Nigeria's Victor Moses joins Turkish club Fenerbache on loan

Moses, who joined the Blues from Wigan Athletic in 2012, was a key member of the Chelsea team which lifted the Premier League in 2017 and FA Cup in 2018, operating primarily as a right wing-back in a

Nigeria and Chelsea winger, Victor Moses has joined Turkish giants Fenerbache on loan until the end of the 2019/20 season.






Moses, who joined the Blues from Wigan Athletic in 2012, was a key member of the Chelsea team which lifted the Premier League in 2017 and FA Cup in 2018, operating primarily as a right wing-back in a 3-4-3 formation.



This season, and a change of shape under Maurizio Sarri, has seen opportunities more limited for the former Nigeria international.






He made six appearances for the Blues in all competitions, but has not featured since late October 2018. In total, he has made 128 Chelsea appearances, scoring 18 goals.



Moses, who is 28, now heads to Turkey for the fourth loan spell of his Chelsea career, and will be hoping to boost 15th-placed Fenerbahce’s league position.






Having come through as a winger, he was utilised as an energetic, creative and committed wing-back under Antonio Conte, helping Chelsea to set records as they marched to the 2016/17 Premier League title.



The only blot on an otherwise fantastic season for Moses, the best of his career, was a red card against Arsenal in an FA Cup final loss which denied the London club the double.






He continued to feature regularly last season, playing 38 games in all competitions and scoring four times, including at Wembley in the Community Shield.



Although Chelsea did not reach the same levels as the campaign before and missed out on a Champions League spot, the season ended on a high as they lifted the FA Cup after victory over Manchester United.






AGENCIES

U-17 Afcon: Last four known

Host nation Tanzania gave a very humiliating report card as the U-17 side finished as group A’s sick man with zero point, while all four semi finalist have paved their way to the Fifa U-17 world cup i

Host nation Tanzania gave a very humiliating report card as the U-17 side finished as group A’s sick man with zero point, while all four semi finalist have paved their way to the Fifa U-17 world cup in Brazil later this year .

A Tanzanian female referee on Sunday became the first woman to handle a game at the Afcon at all categories, find out who she is right ahead.

Christiano Ronaldo becomes the first player ever to win the league in England, Spain and Italy as the Portugese guided Juventus to their 8th successive league title over the weekend .

Kenya's former olympic 1500 metres champion Asbel Kiprop banned four years for doping

The 29-year-old, who also won three world championship golds, tested positive for the banned blood booster erythropoietin (EPO) in November 2017.

Kenya’s former Olympic 1500 metres champion Asbel Kiprop has been handed a four-year ban for doping, the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) said on Saturday.

The 29-year-old, who also won three world championship golds, tested positive for the banned blood booster erythropoietin (EPO) in November 2017.

Kiprop had argued his urine sample, which was taken out of competition, could have been tampered with by his testers, who had tipped him off about their visit and taken a payment from him.

But the AIU, an independent body managing all doping-related matters for athletics, said they were satisfied that there had been no interference and an IAAF Disciplinary Tribunal on Saturday suspended him for four years effective February 2018.

He had been tentatively suspended by the AIU in May last year.

“The (AIU) panel is aware that its order will interrupt, and may even terminate, the athlete’s sporting career and cast a shadow over his impressive competitive record,” it said in a statement.

“But in its opinion the laboratory results viewed in the context of the evidential record and the regulatory framework unit admit of no other conclusion than the case against the athlete is convincingly made out.”

Kiprop can appeal his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). He continues to maintain his innocence.

“There is no justice in the world. Not every prisoner in jail is guilty,” he told Kenyan media on Saturday. “I will consult my lawyer to see if I will appeal at CAS but no matter the outcome I will be back stronger.”

Kiprop was awarded the 1500m gold medal from the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing after original winner Rashid Ramzi tested positive for doping. Kiprop won his three world titles in 2011, 2013 and 2015.

Senegal's Sadio Mane shortlisted for PFA Player of the Year award

The award is voted for by PFA members from the 92 Premier League and Football League teams in England. The current holder is Egypt and Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

The Professional Footballers Association, PFA, on Saturday revealed the shortlist for the season’s PFA Player’s Player of the Year with Senegal and Liverpool’s Sadio Mane being the only African listed.

Mane is one of two Liverpool players on the list along with defender Virgil van Dijk. Manchester City, Liverpool’s main challengers for the Premier League title had three nominees.

Argentine attacker Sergio Aguero, England’s Raheem Sterling and Portuguese Bernado Silva were listed. The last nominee was Belgian international and Chelsea forward Eden Hazard.

The award is voted for by PFA members from the 92 Premier League and Football League teams in England. The current holder is Egypt and Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

Mane’s exploits have been crucial for Liverpool in their quest for a historic Premier League title and also challenge for the UEFA Champions League, a campaign they came second in last season.

The PFA awards also recognizes Young Player of the Year with two of those listed on the Player’s Player also listed in that category – Sterling and Silva.

The complete list is as follows:

  • Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool
  • David Brooks, AFC Bournemouth
  • Marcus Rashford, Manchester United
  • Declan Rice, West Ham United
  • Bernardo Silva, Manchester City
  • Raheem Sterling, Manchester City

German giants FC Bayern opens football academy in Ethiopia - first in Africa

Despite being the first such facility in Africa, FC Bayern has such facilities in the USA, China, Thailand, Japan and Singapore. Ethiopia becomes the sixth country where FC Bayern has established a Fo

German and European football giants, FC Bayern have announced the opening of a new FC Bayern Football School at a media conference in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa.

The partnership with the national football body, the Ethiopian Football Federation (EFF) includes an ongoing exchange of experience plus the regular presence of youth coaches from FC Bayern to train local players and coaches in Addis Ababa.

Jörg Wacker, FC Bayern executive board member for Internationalisation and Strategy, and FCB Brand ambassador Giovane Elber accompanied the official delegation of the Bavarian Minister President Dr. Markus Söder, who is currently visiting Ethiopia.

His duties include opening an Africa Office in the city of Addis Ababa with its population of 4.4 million. As part of an FC Bayern under 17 tournament, Wacker signed an agreement at the Yidnekachew Tessema Stadium Addis Ababa.

That was followed by a symbolic kick-off of the “FC BAYERN FOOTBALL SCHOOL ADDIS ABABA” in the presence of the Bavarian Minister President plus representatives of the national football federation and the Ministry of Sport.

Minister President Dr. Markus Söder said: “FC Bayern is one of Bavaria’s biggest attractions. Now, the FC Bayern Football School in Addis Ababa brings together Bavarian expertise in football with a sports-mad nation. That is a good basis for a promising partnership.”

“With the FC Bayern Football School in Addis Ababa we are opening our first football school of this type in Africa,” said Jörg Wacker. “This gives us the opportunity to bring our fans in Africa even closer to FC Bayern and, with the help of our expertise, make an important contribution to the development of football in Ethiopia.”

Following on from USA, China, Thailand, Japan and Singapore, Ethiopia is the sixth country where FC Bayern has established a Football School.

Egypt official accuses CAF president of corruption and abuse of office

A senior official, Amr Fahmy, who levelled the allegations against the president was fired after he accused his boss of bribes and misuse of hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to officials an

Confederation of African Football (CAF) president, Ahmad Ahmad has been accused of corruption and abuse of office, in what could potentially be the latest scandal to rock the football world.

A senior official, Amr Fahmy, who levelled the allegations against the president was fired after he accused his boss of bribes and misuse of hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to officials and an internal document.

What is Ahmad accused of?

The document, sent on March 31 by Egypt’s Fahmy to a FIFA body that investigates alleged ethics breaches and seen by Reuters, accuses Ahmad of ordering his secretary-general to pay $20,000 bribes into accounts of African football association presidents.

They included Cape Verde and Tanzania.

The document also accused Ahmad of costing CAF an extra $830,000 by ordering equipment via a French intermediary company called Tactical Steel.

Furthermore, it accuses him of harassing four female CAF staff, whom it did not name; violating statutes to increase Moroccan representation within the organisation; and over-spending more than $400,000 of CAF money on cars in Egypt and Madagascar, where a satellite office has been set up for him.

Fahmy is fired

Senior CAF officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Fahmy was fired after compiling the document with the allegations against Ahmad, from Madagascar, who took the top African soccer post two years ago.

CAF confirmed to Reuters that Fahmy lost his job at an executive committee meeting in Cairo on Thursday, prior to the draw for the Africa Cup of Nations finals.

It declined to give more details about the reason for his dismissal.

“There’s no explanation. It’s the Executive Committee decision,” communications director Nathalie Rabe said in an email exchange with Reuters on Sunday.

Fahmy was replaced by Mouad Hajji, from Morocco.

Ahmad, who is also a vice-president of world governing body FIFA, did not respond to requests for comment on the allegations against him.

Requests for comment to the football presidents and authorities of Cape Verde and Tanzania, and to Tactical Steel in France, were also not immediately answered.

Tainted sport

The allegations against Ahmad follow a string of scandals related to FIFA’s practices in Latin America and Asia in recent years, which have led to the indictment and jailing of numerous senior football administrators.

The corruption scandals first broke in 2015.

The CAF case is potentially problematic for FIFA president Gianni Infantino – set to be re-elected unopposed in June for a four-year term – as Ahmad is one of his deputies.

FIFA declined comment.

“The Ethics Committee does not comment on potential ongoing proceedings nor on whether or not investigations are underway into alleged ethics cases,” a spokesperson said.

Ahmad, 59, served as Minister of Fisheries in Madagascar and in the country’s senate before a quick rise to the CAF presidency. His accuser Fahmy, 35, was appointed as general secretary in late 2017, keeping up a family tradition that stretches across three generations.

REUTERS